COVID-19 AND THE STEPS WE ARE TAKING
“Fudge can’t fix life, but it does make it sweeter”.
A MESSAGE FROM OUR MD SIAN HOLT
We’re delighted to announce that on Monday 12th April 2021 we’ll be reopening the doors to our high street shops throughout the UK after another long lockdown. The last few months, following the closure of our shops ahead of government guidance has been focused again on maintaining our brand visibility in the safest way for both our staff and customers.
To ensure your safety as well as that of our teams, we will be reopening with the same Covid-secure safety measures we implemented last year, providing hand sanitiser throughout our shops, protective screens, and a contactless pick-up area for your purchases. We have stated in the past that our staff are family in more ways than one, but the love for what we do and support of all our teams has been key to keeping the fudge flame alight over the past few months, and in their enthusiasm for our reopening.
From Monday 12th April, five of our high street shops will be reopen to the public, following the introduction of new safety measures, procedures, and new ways to shop. The locations reopening first will be our shops in the following cities: Bath, Cambridge, Canterbury, Windsor, & York. Our Edinburgh shop will be reopening from Monday 26th April in-line with Scottish government advice.
Our Canterbury shop, which is the home of our mail-order team will open along with our other shops but will be operating a kiosk system at the door for the time being. Throughout the recent lockdown, it’s been heart-warming to be a key part of people’s well-wishing to their loved ones, whether self-isolating, furloughed, or recovering from COVID-19; in our own words “Fudge can’t fix life, but it does make it sweeter.”
With the reopening of our shops, we’ve introduced a range of new safety measures to make our customer experience shopping with us as safe as possible, whilst following government guidance on social distancing and sanitation. The new measures in place include:
- Menu cards positioned in our windows allowing customers to make flavour choices whilst queuing or before entering the shop. We’ve also temporarily introduced a set price for single slices of fudge, alongside our popular box deals, to make the selection process easier.
- Printed order forms available to take away, positioned outside each shop for customers who would rather not wait, or are anxious about entering the shop. This form allows customers to place their orders online, with free delivery using a unique code, whilst also crediting the store they visited with the sale.
- New social distancing markers are placed on the floor throughout our shops to help maintain a safe distance from other customers.
- Hand sanitiser pumps have been introduced for customers to use before and after entering the shop.
- Clear protective screening has been added to each shop to create a one-way system throughout, including screening off the fudge making area and sneeze-guards added to our counter spaces, to protect our staff.
- New counter Collection Points to allow customers to collect their fudge in a contact-less way.
- We’ve gone Cashless! As we did ahead of the lockdown measures, we’re asking customers to pay by card, and preferably by contactless payment if able to. This is to limit transference of cash.
- Our staff may ask customers to wait outside our shops in order to keep a safely distanced number of people inside at any one time. We appreciate everyone’s patience with this measure.
- We respectfully ask that customers follow government guidelines and wear a mask when entering any of our shops, to help protect yourselves and our staff.
We want to thank everyone who has supported us throughout this challenging period, and continue to send us warm wishes, positive reviews, and help spread a little sweetness; it’s the little things that really make the difference and keep us dedicated to what we do and what we love.
Please keep safe and best wishes,