Apple Butterscotch Pancakes
Superbly thin crepes, stuffed full of caramelized apples which have been drizzled wih smooth & creamy Fudge Kitchen Butterscotch sauce.
115g plain flour
Pinch of salt
175 ml creamy milk
120ml sweet cider
Knob of butter for frying
For the apples
4 eating apples
225g light muscovado sugar
100g Fudge Kitchen Butterscotch Sauce
- Make the crepe batter. Sift flour and salt into a bowl and then add the eggs and milk, then cider and beat until smooth
- Heat a small heavy-based frying pan. Add a knob of butter & ladle in enough batter to coat the pan very thinly. Cook until crepe is golden underneath and flip it over & cook until golden. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 7 more.
- Core the apples and cut them into chunky slices. Heat 15g of butter in a frying pan. Add the apples and cook until golden on both sides, then transfer the slices to a bowl.
- Add butter to a pan then when it has melted add the muscovado sugar. Add the aples to the pan and coat in the caramel. Drizzle the butterscotch sauce over the apples in the pan just so it is warmed.
- Fold each pancake in half, then again to form a cone and stuff with the apples. Drizzle some more Butterscotch sauce for an extra indulgence.