- 250g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Fudge Kitchen Chocolate Orange Fudge Sauce
- 568ml carton double cream
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Use the plastic folder to line your tin. Cut it open then cut out a disc for the bottom and some strips to line the sides.
- Put the chocolate, the Fudge Kitchen Chocolate Orange Fudge Sauce and about 150ml of the cream into a large heatproof bowl. Stand the bowl over a pan of hot water on very low heat until the chocolate has melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir to combine the ingredients then leave until the mix is only just warm.
- Whip together the rest of the cream, 2/3rds of the orange zest and cinnamon with a whisk until the mix is thick but just less than stiff.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture into the cream and gently fold it all together until it is smooth and thick.
- Then pour the whole mixture into your tin and leave it in the fridge to set for up to an hour.
To serve, unclip the tin, gently remove the sides of the plastic folder, invert the torte onto a plate and remove the tin and plastic disc on the base. Dust all over with cocoa and sprinkle the remaining orange zest on the top for decoration. Heat more Fudge Kitchen Chocolate Orange Fudge Sauce in the microwave (follow instructions on the jar) and serve in thin slices.
You can also use this basic recipe with our Rich Chocolate Fudge Sauce (remove orange zest and try adding 4 tsp of instant coffee) or the Chocolate & Ginger Fudge Sauce (dust with ground ginger and remove coffee and/or orange zest).