- 200g Plain Flour
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 125g Unslated Butter
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
For the Frosting
- 45g Fudge Kitchen Fudge Sauce of Your Choice
- 120g Icing Sugar
- Cup of Sliced Almonds, Crushed Hazelnuts, Chopped walnuts for decorating
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3 / 325°F / 165°C.
- Mix the flour and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter to form breadcrumbs,
- Add the vanilla and cinnamon, and pat and push it into a dough.
- Roll it out until it’s 1cm thick
- Place directly on to a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper
- Pop the baking sheet into the oven and cook for 20 to 30 minutes until a light golden colour. Set aside until cool.
- Make the frosting by melting the butter in a saucepan then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the icing sugar into the mixture with a rubber spatula until smooth. When all is mixed together, add the fudge sauce to make a delicious fudgey frosting.
- Spread the frosting over the top of your shortbread and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle on crushed nuts, gently push into the fudge, then cut into squares.
- Cover until ready to serve.