Skip to content
Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Ding Dongs
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 150ml Warm Milk
- 50g Melted Butter
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 300ml Vegetable Oil for Deep-Frying
- 4 tbsp Chocolate Orange Liquid Fudge
- Piping bag
- Mix the yeast with 1/2 tsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of warm milk. Place in a warm place. Rest for 15 minutes, or until frothy.
- Sift the flour and salt.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, pour in the yeast mix, the milk, melted butter and beaten egg. Leave to stand for 45 minutes.
- Knead for 5 minutes, then portion into 12 dough balls. Leave for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Heat the oil until it reaches 190 C, or a cube of bread dropped in sizzles and turns golden in 30 seconds.
- Deep-fry the dough balls in the oil until golden, then roll each ball in the remaining sugar.
- Gently warm the liquid fudge, and use a piping bag to inject a splodge of fudge into the doughnuts.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.